If you need to increase visibility for your business page on Facebook but don’t have the money right now to spend on advertising, there is a plethora of free tactics you can use. Here are just a few of the simplest, quickest ways to see an increase in followers:
- Include the url to the page in any electronic signature (on emails & newsletters, on your website, etc.).
- Put a fan page widget (basically a one-click button) on your website that allows people to “like” your page without taking them away from your website.
- Write a blog post/newsletter article listing 5 benefits they’ll get from following your page.
- Ask fans to post a link to your page on their page.
- Add a “like” box to the website, which includes the “face pile” (shows pics of up to 8 friends of whoever is looking, who also like your page).
- Include your page’s url on all printed materials: business cards, worksheets, letters, contracts, proposals, statements of work, etc.
- Make sure a link to your business page is on every other social media platform where you have a presence: feature it on your Pinterest, LinkedIn, Twitter, Slideshare, Google+, Instagram, YouTube, etc. accounts.
Don’t forget to welcome new followers, and make sure that you interact with them on your page. Make it worth their while to follow you!
If you have other tips for attracting new followers for free, please share in the comments!